Humana innovation – creating deeper health brand engagement
Crumpleitup is Humana’s consumer innovation team, a group within the company dedicated to building a healthier world with innovative thinking. As they say on their About Us page, we realize it’s not always easy to eat right and exercise regularly. So, we’re putting our heads together to come up with creative ways to help people be healthy while having fun.
I’m a big fan of this initiative for a number of reasons:
1. Changing the game. Humana’s changing the basis of competition, from a reactive payer to a proactive provider of products that create new and greater value for customers and company.
2. Differentiation. It helps the organization stand apart within a largely undifferentiated category of healthcare providers.
3. Deeds vs. words. Rather than campaigning about themselves or merely talking about the benefits of being healthy, the organization’s actually covering the backs of its members by helping them be healthier.
4. Promise. They [over] deliver on their promise of Guidance when you need it most.
5. Humanizing the Company. This group puts a human and approachable face on the organization.
6. Engagement. They encourage participation from everyone who’d like to contribute to the initiative. In fact, anyone can join The Crumple It Up Innovation Network on Linkedin.
7. Constant Innovation. Rather than wait until transformation becomes necessary, they integrate innovation into their everyday business.
8. The real issue. They’ve uncovered (whether intentional or not) the problem behind the problem. Improving health takes a community of friends and supporters.
9. Passion and drive. These guys want to make the world healthier.
10. Belief in change. They know that change (better health) is necessary.
This article was sourced at trajectory4brands.com